Sunday, June 24, 2012

Do you know about the SUPER-REVIEWERS?

You don't? Well let's change that immediately! 

Since Jalisa came up with both the concept and the super cool name, I will allow her to explain: 

So, what the hell are the Super Reviewers?
Good question. :) It’s something I made up.
I was thinking about the Justice League (because I was thinking about how I was finally getting back into reading comics) and I was thinking about reviewing books (and how I so wanted to be a part of a review team–what? I like people) and I thought: I can make my own. So I did.
I still don’t have have all of the details ironed out. It’s still an idea that coming together more as we take into consideration what works for us, but at least I know:
  • Seven of us will review the same book
  • We’ll make a concise judgment (yay/nay) in no more than a paragraph
  • Each book will be chosen by a member once or twice a month (depending on the
  • time/availability of the members that month).
  • And each book will be chosen for a specific, noted reason, whether it be a gut instinct that it will be a good read or a good reading experience with the author before.
  • Then, we’ll all post the super review (which will consist of all seven reviews)  to our dedicated blog. Ta-da!
So, that’s it, basically. We’ll have our first review up by next week, if everything falls into place. But you’ll know that, because I will, in no uncertain terms, alert everyone on Twitter. Speaking of Twitter, we have one: https://twitter.com/#!/SuperReviewers
And a blog. And a Facebook.
;)
We’re here to save your day. One book at a time.

Members

  • Holly Kench (@StuffedO) My awesomeness intimidates some people, others just point and laugh. http://www.stuffedolive.com.au
  • Pip Foweraker (@PipFoweraker) Full-time Consultant and Gentleman. Part-time Wizard and Writer. Sydney, Australia. http://www.pipfoweraker.com
  • Jessa Russo-Stadtler (@JessaRusso) I write what I love – paranormal YA. My heart still belongs to Jake Ryan. And I’m pretty sure I’m still 16 years old. Just don’t tell my husband. Southern CA. http://jessarussowrites.blogspot.com/
  • Ray (@iwrites) I drive a truck, I want to be a writer. I take pictures, I want to be a writer. I read, but I want to be a writer. Did I mention I like writing?
  • Anthony Angeline (@unfoldingmyth) Writer and observer. I’m searching for something but won’t know what it is until I’ve found it. I have a dog too. Washington. http://www.unfoldingmyth.com
  • Nanette Pitts (@nanettepitts) I am passionate about writing. Slightly obsessed with reading. Grateful to be a wife & mother! Friend to many. I’m honest. I live my life the best I can. http://gracepaigestoryland.blogspot.com/


We will have our first set of reviews up this week. 
(((BLACKBIRDS by Chuck Wendig))) 

Please stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Jessa! So excited for our very first super review! Now, if only I could get *my* word count down! Gonna need a Holly Special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I love that I know some one in the super reviewer squad. Obviously, if you ever want to review anything from CQ, you get many happiness points.

    ReplyDelete