Monday, June 4, 2012

An impromptu review of UNRAVELING by Liz Norris

UNRAVELING by Liz Norris 


YOU GUYS.

Remember how I saved UNRAVELING by Liz Norris for my vacation?

OH mah goodness it was TORTURE. I finally had to hide the book so I wouldn't keep looking at it.

I don't know why I did this, honestly. It was just that I was so excited to read it, that it became like, my reward dessert. For what, I don't know, but it just happened this way.  By the time I got on the plane to Florida and opened it up, it was more exciting than Christmas morning.  No joke. It was the best feeling.

So was saving it for my vacation a bit strange? Maybe. But I have a tendency to be a bit strange from time to time. Was it worth it? Oh hell yeah.

IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

This book had me hooked immediately. I am so blown away by how well Liz writes, and her storytelling abilities. The build-up to the "big reveal" was so good, I honestly had no idea what was coming. I had assumptions, and some guesses, but they were wrong.

The love story between Janelle and Ben is so beautiful and believable, and I'm happy to announce that I've collected one more fictional boyfriend who is far too young for me. (But my sixteen year-old heart disagrees, of course.)

So without getting into the story too much, which I am so tempted to do, I will tell you this: You MUST read this book.  Go now! Why are you still here?!

You can find it at Barnes and Noble or Amazon, and of course, these wonderful indie stores: Mysterious Galaxy, Books of Wonder, and Indie Bound. PS. If you don't already know this, indie bookstores need your love ($) more than the biggins.

So seriously, go get UNRAVELING now, and see why I think YA and YA authors are the BEST THERE IS!

UNRAVELING in the WILD! Siesta Key, Florida! 





*PS. NO ONE asked me to review UNRAVELING. I loved it so much I wanted to tell all of you. That's all.  

1 comment:

  1. Haha I read this book yesterday! Twins. It stands up to the hype, and is one that I will be recommending to patrons at the library:)

    ReplyDelete