Monday, April 23, 2012

Had I been a finalist ...

Since the top nine finalists of Janet Reid's LIZ NORRIS PAY IT FORWARD CONTEST have been announced (CONGRATS EVERYONE!) I've decided to share my answers to the finalist questions for fun! Why not, right?  I mean, I took the time to answer them, make sure they came in under 25 words, and I even watched West Side Story in its entirety. 

Ugh.  What a feat.

Sorry, but that movie was slow and boring.  I'll take my musical theater with man-eating plants or transvestites from Transexual Transylvania over that ANY DAY.  Mhmm.

FEED ME Seymour.  Feed me alllll night long.. 

Anyway, here are my answers:


Tell us about your book:
Ever is a girl in a love triangle – just not your average love triangle.  One guy isn’t even alive and the other is a soul collector. 


Why do you want to attend backspace?
Truthfully?  I’m terrified of conferences and putting myself out there. Winning Backspace tickets from Janet Reid would force me to conquer my silly fears.   


Are you afraid to eat lunch with a shark?
Absolutely not.  Although, I’ll most likely stay on the yacht eating people food, while the shark stays in the water eating … well, people


West Side Story: Jets or Sharks?
Neither.  I’m Team Tony and Maria.  They just wanted to be together, plain and simple.  Darn that Montague/Capulet feud.  Oh, whoops, wrong movie. 


If you could save the life of any one fictional character who would it be and why?
I don’t think I would.  Every life, death, tragedy and joy has meaning and reason in each story.  Changing anything would forever alter the storyline. 


Is there a book that makes you think "If I could write one thing like that, I’d die happy?"
There are many. But truthfully, I want to keep writing the stories in my head.  Their completion makes me proud of myself like nothing else. 


What's the most terrifying thing you've lived through?  
The premature birth of my daughter at just 24 weeks.  She weighed less than 2 pounds, and spent the next 110 days in the NICU. 

When you're published, what will you do to Pay It Forward?  
Anything and everything I possibly can!  But most of all, I’d really love to help my writing friends obtain their publishing dreams if I can. 

5 comments:

  1. Love it Jessa! Great answers- out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Of course, I'm partial to the answer to MY question:D But they're all good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers! I want to read Ever when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! And Mittens, I hope you'll get the chance! ;-)

    ReplyDelete