Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do you want some PEER critique?

OOOH!  PEER CRITIQUES?  YES PLEASE!

I know a few of my friends and writing buddies would like some critique and or thoughts regarding their manuscripts, queries, first 250, etc.  I figured I'd give you all a place to put that info.

Please leave a link to your blog/website with what you are looking for (ie: brutal critique or just happy thoughts) and I will add it to the ongoing list above.

Cool?

Cool.

So to begin the process, because, let's face it, no one likes to be the first one out to the dance floor, I'll go first.

Since I finally kicked my query's butt into submission (a submissive butt? um ...) I would love your thoughts on the first 250 words of EVER.

Paste your info in the comments, and I'll add it to my list!


PLEASE HEAD TO THE PEER CRITIQUE PAGE ABOVE FOR THE UPDATED LIST.







3 comments:

  1. Great idea Jessa! I'm in.

    Kate Brauning, THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE, first pages, all thoughts welcome. Help me develop my much-needed thick skin!
    http://katebrauning.com/the-other-side-of-silence/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I just have my query on my blog. It's under the page marked (duh!) Query. Tear it up, spit it out, I can take it! :)
    Or just read it, point, laugh, shake your head sadly, and walk away. You know, either way.

    MittensMorgul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jessa. I'm in too! I'd love to swap critiquing for the first 250 (or less) of my MS. It's a YA urban fantasy. While I'd love rosy criticism, I'm pretty sure it's hard-to-stomach brutal honesty that I really need. *cringes*

    Drop me an email at writerlious(at)gmail(dot)com if interested ya'll! My blog is www.erinbradypike.com

    And Laura, sadly, I already "ripped" your query. If I remember, it was pretty awesome and didn't need much ripping. :)

    ReplyDelete