Friday, June 14, 2019

Finding Your Voice with Robin Rice + Emily McDowell - LESSON 4

Feel free to comment or critique, and if you've found me through the course, be sure to say hi and link me back to your blog! <3 

LESSON 4:

Robin spoke about adrenaline today, and I really liked her take on it. I'm including some of what she said here (in quotes): 

"Adrenaline is completely normal when you are about to take a risk. In fact, it is your friend. It brings out the best in you, like a fountain of POTENTIAL rising up." 

I really liked that, and I'm hoping I can keep this in mind moving forward, not just in my writing career, but in all facets of my life. 

Anyway, I tried my hand at Haiku again today, and.... ugh. SO not my area. 

Photo Credit Julie Moore




1. Photo + Haiku - Write a piece of haiku that brings wisdom to this photo using 5-7-5 syllable haiku. 
















Gentle tug inside
When your sun and moon collide
Trust is on your side

And another one, because why not just do many versions of the thing that causes you pain. Hahaha, I'm kidding. Writing haiku doesn't actually cause me pain. Much. ;-) 


Little signs I see
Guiding me to what is true
The sun, the moon... you

And hey, they say three's a charm, right? 


She searches within
Closed eyes, quiet mind; she hears
truths shes always known



No comments:

Post a Comment