Sunday, June 16, 2019

Finding Your Voice with Robin Rice + Emily McDowell - LESSON 5

Feel free to comment or critique, and if you've found me through the course, be sure to say hi and link me back to your blog! <3 

LESSON 5:


I'll admit, this one was difficult for me. What on earth am I supposed to write about cheesy little souvenirs? But, I know that Robin's lesson today, about letting the wisdom come out, is exactly what I needed to do, so, instead of driving myself crazy trying to think about what on earth to write about these little guys, I just started writing. 
Photo Credit Eve Hannah 









2.  Photo + One Paragraph Free Writing - Use the questions as a jumping off point or just go. Keep your words to one paragraph as a practice in deliberate clarity. 










My breath puffs out in tiny clouds as I walk the streets, searching around each corner, peering down alleyways and behind buildings. I tighten my scarf and pull it up so I can tuck my chin within its warmth, but the chill still freezes the tip of my nose. Is it always this cold here, or have I finally become open enough to notice? Fog caresses my feet now, but it no longer curls thick tendrils around my thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment