Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buccaneer Blogfest - WEEK THREE - Day Two - Best of the best!



The assignment today is to give you a list of my TOP FIVE favorite books of all time. 

Um...

You want me to do what? 

Well, as most of you are also avid readers, you can probably imagine how difficult that is.  This was recently circulating on Facebook, so I had to post it here. It says my sentiments perfectly. (Of course, I only have one kid, but I still get it.) 

Thank you to the Belcastro Agency for creating and sharing this! 

This one is also quite fitting: 

Thank you to the Belcastro Agency for creating and sharing this one as well! 

So as you can see, I love all books and all authors and all the words! But, if I were to list my top five (books or series), I would have to include these, without a doubt: 

THE TWILIGHT SAGA by Stephenie Meyer
(I'm including the entire series as one item. I can do what I want. lol)
Oh I know, I know. Before you say anything, let me tell you that I already know. You're either shaking your head at me in disgust, like I listed 50 Shades as my top five pick, or you're nodding emphatically because you get it
Let me tell you what TWILIGHT did for me. 
TWILIGHT made me realize I had ignored my love of reading for far too long. 
TWILIGHT made me realize I had neglected my inner bookworm. 
TWILIGHT made me realize I DID have time to read. 
TWILIGHT made me realize I had stories inside me, begging to be told. 
TWILIGHT inspired me to write them. 

UNRAVELING by Liz Norris
Pure awesomeness, with everything I love about young adult books - the love story, the creativity, the excitement - Liz got all of the good stuff into this book, and I LOVED IT. Seriously, go read it now.


VAMPIRE ACADEMY = LOVED!!! 

ANYTHING by RICHELLE MEAD. ANYTHING.   
Hello hiiiiii! Crazed superfan over here! Seriously, I love EVERYTHING Richelle writes. My top favorites are the Dark Swan series, and Vampire Academy. Team Dorian and Dimitri! lol

The NIGHT HUNTRESS Series by Jeaniene Frost
Oh em gee, YES. If you haven't met Cat ... and BONES ... I suggest you run out and do so immediately. Did I mention BONES? *swoon*

And because I can't stop at just five (which if you're paying attention, I surpassed long ago), I have to add this one too. My list wouldn't be complete without it! 
The FEVER Series by Karen Marie Moning

THANK YOU, KMM. Thank you so very much for introducing us to your amazing characters and worlds. This series I could read again and again. And again.

And maybe even one more time after that.


So, have you read any of these books or series? 


What are your thoughts? 


Can you narrow down to FIVE top favorite books of all time?

4 comments:

  1. I've never read any of those books (I was born in the wrong generation and always gravitated towards older books, and of the current books I read, I usually read historical and literary fiction). I think my five favorite books are The Decameron, by Giovanni Boccaccio, The Tao Te Ching, by Lao-Tzu, Demian, by Hermann Hesse, The Divine Comedy, by Dante Alighieri, and The First Circle, by Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the twilight series. The others I have not seen before. I'll have to go by your enthusiasm and check them out when I get a chance .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books:(

    Yay! on your photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting to read Unraveling! Thanks for reminding me. I figure if you've popped it up there in between Twilight and Vampire Academy it HAS to be awesome!
    As for the first pic regarding favourite books, I like to say "## is my favourite, apart from those other ones that are also my other favourites!" hehe.

    ReplyDelete