Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My very first ARCs: SWEET EVIL and UNRAVELING

I apologize for being a little late on this post, but I've been busy trying to enter contests and revise EVER and send queries and .... well, you get the gist. 

I received my very first Advanced Reader's Copies a few weeks ago.  




I can't even explain what a big deal it was for me to find these in my mailbox.  Getting these two books in the mail - with autographs! - was like the best Christmas EVER.  And it was only April! I danced around merrily and hugged the books to my chest; so happy that they were mine. 

Hubs was wondering why it was so huge for me, and though I tried to explain, I don't think he truly understands. 

Not only is it so incredibly cool to have a book before it is released to the masses, or to have a book that isn't even fully finalized (an "Uncorrected Proof") but it is so much more than that.  

As a writer, I can see it for what it is. 


I can imagine what it feels like to have an ARC of your book. I can imagine what it has taken to get to the place where you finally see your name in print.  Your little word-baby is finally born, and she's been set free into the world. People want to read her.  People want to love your story, your characters, your world, and most of all, you


And they will.  Because your word-baby is that good.  And you worked that hard on raising her. 


So yeah, I can imagine what Liz and Wendy must feel like, and that makes me even happier to hold the books in my hands, and pet the covers, and dive into the story they hold inside.  


Because I can tell you first hand, that this career path is HARD.  And I've only just begun my journey. 


Thank you Liz and Wendy, for the opportunity to win ARC's of SWEET EVIL and UNRAVELING.  


I will cherish your little word-babies as if they are my own.  :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love when I find those in the for sale at the library, but it makes me wonder who got rid of them, and how they got them (I'm in a small town in Canada).

    ReplyDelete