Saturday, May 5, 2012

Janet Reid's FLASH FICTION Contest Entry

A little flashing going on over at Janet's blog right now, and you KNOW I'm a sucker for flash fiction!

So I entered, obviously. Because I can't even help myself!

Word Prompts:
trouble
bubble
double
twin
spin

100 word limit  

Here's my little entry:


SILENT THANKS


With a deep breath, I finally relax. She’s saved me from the trouble again. She is nothing if not resourceful. 

I watch as bubble after bubble crests the surface, the dead weight of the body causing a slight spin in the water. My cyclone of secrets. 

The stress of the last few days now a memory.  I return to the car, relieved.  I take a seat on the hot leather and glance in the mirror.

I wink at her.  My twin.  My double.

Where she’s retreated, deep in the recesses of my mind, I know she hears my silent thanks.  



THANKS JANET!  

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Fun! I entered, too. I didn't even think to post my entry to my own blog! I should probably do that... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete