Monday, January 7, 2013

Book Review: WARM BODIES by Isaac Marion - Unlike anything I've ever read.

If you've read any of my reviews, you'll know I keep them short and sweet. I also almost always gush, leaving bad reviews to other reviewers out there because I won't touch them. I won't be snarky towards other authors, even if they've been snarky towards me, and regardless of how much they may deserve it. If I read a book and didn't leave a review or a star-rating of 4 or 5, you can assume I didn't like it. And that's all I will say about that. 


Luckily, this is NOT one of those cases!

No, no, no way.


I recently compiled my list of the first 13 books I VOW to read in 2013. Now, keep in mind that this list was compiled of physical copies I actually own, so this doesn't even begin to touch the massive Kindle TBR list, but whatevs. If you want a refresher, here's the LIST


At the top of the list was WARM BODIES. I've had my eye on this one for a while and knew it would be the first thing I read in 2013. So when I had a minute in between reading Curiosity Quills properties (I still proofread and I had an acquisition I was re-reading before it went on to the editing phase) and critiquing my CP's latest masterpiece (my Kindle has to charge every now and then), I picked up WARM BODIES. 


And within the first few pages, I went like this: O.O

Holy smokes. 

What an amazing, gripping tale of love and life, and what we can do - what one person, or even just two people can do. If they want it badly enough. 

So, without further ado, or any more gushing on my part - wouldn't want Isaac Marion to think I'm more than just a fangirl, lol - I give you my brief review (read: brief gush fest) from GoodReads: 



FIVE mind-blowing stars (x1000)

I don't even know what to say. If I could give this book more than five stars, I wouldn't even hesitate. 

You, Isaac Marion, are amazing. You're the kind of author that makes other authors question themselves and their career choice. In all seriousness, how can I call myself an author next to the likes of you? 

I can't recall ever feeling so much - so consistently - while reading a book. I was invested in 'R' so instantly and so completely, and that never wavered or changed, but grew and strengthened as the story proceeded. Had I not been interrupted by life, this would have easily been a one-sitting read. 

The prose is beautiful and strong, the story is different and unique, and the characters are so perfectly flawed that you can't help but relate to them, root for them, and ultimately fall in love with them. 

I can't wait to see what comes next for Isaac Marion. I will greedily read whatever it is.



In closing, I highly suggest you buy this book. ASAP. 

PS. Thank you, Isaac Marion. You, Sir, are inspiring. 

Links:

5 comments:

  1. Yay! This book is on the top of my to-read pile. Your review just made me super excited to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between your review and Krystal's, I am so very excited to read it! I bought it last week and am saving it up for the cruise I'm going on next week. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I had almost identical reactions to this book. And glad to hear in not the only one fangirling! He told me the other day that he's hoping to release the prequel by the end of January!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete