Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Finding Your Voice with Robin Rice + Emily McDowell - LESSON 3

Feel free to comment or critique, and if you've found me through the course, be sure to say hi and link me back to your blog! <3 

LESSON 3:

Today Robin spoke of wisdom and digging deeper into ourselves, past the cliches and past the cultural wisdom we've acquired, and by the end of the lesson, all I could think was, "What if I have no depth? What if all I am is surface?' So, the homework reflects that. Sadly. Oh well. There's always tomorrow. 


Photo Credit Jeff Stroud





1. Photo + Haiku and/or Tweet - Write a piece of haiku that brings wisdom to this photo using 5-7-5 syllable haiku or craft your own wise tweet. 

(My attempt at Haiku became a poem of sorts, so...)























Fenced in.
Trapped.
Within her mind, she struggles.
Wanting.
Needing.
Striving.
But what if this is it?
What if this is all there is?
She is bones
And skin
And parts of a whole
Living
Breathing
Dying
Mom
Wife
Imposter
What if this is all she is?

No comments:

Post a Comment