Sunday, November 11, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 11/11/12 #SixSunday #WIP #DIVIDE

Today's Six Sentence Sunday is brought to you by the letter N, for NANOWRIMO! lol! Here's a snippet from my newest work in progress, DIVIDE. 

"We got off on the wrong foot; can we start over?”
I spun on my heels and faced the new girl.
“Look, Rosemarie. I appreciate that you’re new here and by looking at you, I can see that you wanted to align yourself with the biggest freak in school, but I tend to keep to myself and don’t need any crazy-ass fangirls, okay?”
Her mouth fell open in shock, but I didn’t care. I'd called a spade a spade.

7 comments:

  1. Great six! Sounds like she's a feisty character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her attitude, and am jealous of how clean your snippet is. My NaNoWriMo is a hot, rambling mess of tangled words. Excellent six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting. Just what makes her a freak and worthy of fandom? (As a total side note, the expression 'call a spade a spade' can be interpreted as offensive since 'spade' was/is a derogatory word for a black person.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! I had NO idea! Thank you for pointing that out. I'll be sure to remove it from the manuscript.

      Delete
  4. I like the tone of this six. Not sure what's going on yet, but I really like the voice of the narrator. Great six, Jessa. :) Good luck in #NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siobhan! I'm *trying* to get through Nano!

      Delete