Saturday, February 1, 2020

Author Spotlight Saturday: Sharon Bayliss

Welcome to the second Author Spotlight Saturday! Twice a month, I will be spotlighting an author friend, and hopefully introducing my readers to new favorites! 

Today's spotlight is on Sharon Bayliss! Sharon and I met years ago through our mutual publisher at the time, Curiosity Quills. I'm very excited to introduce you to her today! 


Hello! I am the author of The December People Series, a family saga about dark wizards. I live in Austin, Texas, where I am a mom of two boys and work a day job as a nonprofit manager. I love baking, gardening, travel, and I definitely believe in magic.

1)             How many books have you written? Which is your favorite and why?

I have written and published five books, the four books in The December People Series, and my first novel, The Charge. My favorite is Destruction, the first novel in The December People Series. This was the book that I wrote the fastest, that seemed to flow out of me effortlessly. I was excited to get home from work and write because I wanted to know what would happen next in the story. I felt like I was watching the story unfold, as opposed to writing it myself. It felt like magic.

2)             What are you currently working on?

I just published the final book in The December People Series, Harvest. More than three years elapsed between book three and book four and I encountered a variety of setbacks and obstacles both personal and professional. I’ve been dreaming of this day for a long time, when it was finally DONE! So, in short, right now, I’m just enjoying being done.

3)             What are three things we probably don’t know about you?

1) I love to bake cakes. I do volunteer work for a nonprofit called Bake-A-Wish, where I bake birthday cakes for foster kids. I love it!
2) My grandparents used to grow cucumbers for a pickle company. Then the pickle company went under and they were stuck with lots of cucumbers and no money and ate practically nothing but cucumbers for a time. Somehow this trickled through the generations because I despise the taste of cucumbers.
3) I’m a winter witch (although you probably guessed that if you’ve read my books) and the December People Series character I identify with most is Emmy.



Be sure to connect with Sharon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment