Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MOTIVATION MONDAY Contest Entry

Here's my entry for Wakefield Mahon's MOTIVATION MONDAY!

WORD PROMPT:  "I don't want to die" 

I don’t want to die in this hell hole.

I don’t want to know that my entire life, all 37 years on this earth, have amounted to this place.  My own personal hell on earth. My purgatory.

I had dreams once. I had visions of moving to the top. Visions of biding my time as I slowly made my way up and up the ladder of success. 

I’m still in the *bleep* mail room.  I’m a 37 year old mail clerk, delivering mail to the masses of rich *bleep* who don’t even know my name. I’ve delivered their mail for 18 years.

I’m that guy.

It’s December 21st so ...

The end of the world.

I toyed with not even showing up today. Calling in sick.

Who cares, right?  I mean, it’s the end of the freaking world. No one will even exist after today.

But then I thought, ‘Maybe Sharon will be there.’ So I came in to work.

She called in sick.

That’s the cosmic joke of my life, summed up in a simple day at work.  Figures. 

It’s only fitting that I’ll die here. 


187 words 

*expletives removed for this post 

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I prefer the bleeps actually. I think it's funnier that way.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this! Damn that Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's probably off enjoying her last day on earth. We hate her. lol

      Delete